Re: RECOMMENDATIONS for a good Midi filter/patch bay device?

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 09:32 PM, Rick Walker/Loop.pooL wrote:

> 1) a good, but hopefully not too expensive midi filter/patch bay box

> 2) a device that can let me switch between two midi inputs (NOT a
> merge box
> which does not work).

In a state of money madness, I almost purchased a Kenton Control Freak
(http://www.kentonuk.com) a while back. The Studio Edition was about
$500 over here, but they have smaller 'Live' and 'Original' versions.
It basically allows you to control and filter everything to do with
Midi. I stopped reading the specs after realising that I would die with
hunger would I have continued reading (I was so close to purchasing it,
using all of my savings and my left kidney).... The assignable faders,
the internal patch/filters are cool... and I am almost certain that you
can snapshot the settings and trigger them via an external pedal
board....

I might be wrong, and in fact, this is not what you are looking for,
but check it out.... :)
--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com