Re: Oswald's White Xmas, was:Les Paul

On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 07:25 PM, Richard Zvonar wrote:

>> Now if we can just get the Bing Crosby replacement voice technology
>> into Loop V: )
>
> Slightly OT, but have you heard John Oswald's Plunderphonic version of
> Crosby's "White Christmas"?

This falls into the category of things I've wanted to hear for a long
time and never quite got around to.

I used to do a lot of illustration for Mondo 2000 and first heard of
John Oswald & Plunderphonics from them. What I never heard was an actual
description of what he was specifically doing (the process) or what the
resulting music sounded like. I think the Mondoids were mostly
enthralled by the idea of subverting commercial music.

Want to try and describe Oswald's 'White Christmas"? I'd enjoy hearing
about it...

Best-

Mark