Re: digitech rds triggering solutions? | midi to cv converters? |help!

Hi Adam,

> from what i understand the devices use a +5volt input to trigger/sync. is
> there a" midi to a +5 volt pulse" converter that can read midi info from
my
> Alesis SR-16.
>
> Let me know if you know of any product/products that can tackle these
> duties. I'd love to have 6-8 triggers for expansion and flexibilty. I'm
also
> curious to know what the rest of you are using to trigger these older RDS
> devices with? any suggestions? pitfalls? triumphs?

DISCLAIMER: I don't have any of those items and have never tried trigger
conversions.

That said, I'd start with a MIDI-to-CV converter.  If you're DIY inclined,
look at the PAIA kit:
http://www.paia.com/midi2cv.htm or for the non-DIYer, try this
from Kenton: http://www.kentonuk.com/
or from Philip Rees: http://www.philrees.co.uk/products/miditocv.htm
among others.

Depending on the MIDI message that you're decoding, you may need to map it
to another message which is understood by the MIDI-to-CV unit.  The mapping
can be performed by a variety of products.  Check out MIDI Solutions for
one:
www.midisolutions.com

Hope this helps.

Dennis Leas