Re: self hypnosis (was: Seeking EDP Switches)

Nearly all of my first album was created when I was in a trance-like
state whilst playing on the street. I had just discovered looping, and
it completely stole my soul.

My eyes were closed, and it felt as though I was leaning into a wall,
with my head resting up against this said wall.... I was not aware of
my surroundings, myself, the audience.... anything. I was also not
aware of the homeless people taking money out of my case, but heh :)

There is something about repetative loops that is hypnotising. My music
especially entrances young children (<5 years).... they stand there
mesmirised, just staring.... and I can tell that the music carries them
somewhere else.

I have had people who have entered states of trance-like meditation for
about 2 hours after listening to the recordings....

Divination? Yeah.... I suppose you could call it that if you are
religiously inclined. Looping can  definitely be a very spiritual
existence. :)

--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com