Re: VCS3

Chris Richards wrote:

> That was one of the cooler things about old
> analog synths from that era, that they could be
> used as effects devices for processing other
> audio signals. From what I understand, this is
> also how Pete Townshend got the keyboard sound on
> Won't Get Fooled Again...it's actually an organ
> processed through the VCS3, and Brian Eno used to
> appear on a lot of records basically just
> processing the other instruments through his
> VCS3.

I remember an interview where Eno and Phil Manzanera were discussing the
old Roxy
Music days when Eno would process Phil's guitar.  Phil used to get
frustrated because
he would stop playing but he was still hearing guitar.  He said that was
the reason
Eno left the band, that he [Phil] told the band "Either he goes or I go."
Eno
corrected him, "What really happened was I said I would leave unless I
were allowed
to do the same thing to Bryan's voice."

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept