RE: ems and so forth

Title: RE: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V02 #732
ok, on closer inspection, the synthi-100 that music control now have came from kent university's physics lab where, ironically, I would myself have studied a degree in physics/acoustics had I not decided to take a vocational broadcast engineering course instead.
so instead of becoming the eventual owner of this machine (as inevitably I would), I ended up working on "brookside", the recently-canned UK soap opera set on a housing estate in liverpool. bah.
I'm now in london, where I've worked for mtv europe for the last ten years.
my band (radio massacre international) are gigging in california next week and philadelphia the week after, with a repeater and a jam-man and some sequencers and stuff. possibly a mellotron or two in CA. (can't take our own- too big for plane, it seems).

favourite klaus schultze: the warsaw live set where he plays along to a backing tape, pissed out of his head and miles out of tune. one day I'd like to be half that blase about doing a concert..... "dune" was good too.

the hackett/glennie set I saw was at qeh a few months ago, and was also improvised; though they suggested in interview beforehand that it was specially composed, they went on to say that they were going to play for an hour because that's what the contract said. all this in humour, of course, but it was obvious that they were jazzing over a loose framework rather than giving a recital. thoroughly entertaining, but hackett ought to move about a bit more.
I may have a half-decent minidisc of it somewhere.... and some jpeggery. I still can't believe she's deaf. fabulous.

duncan.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender
by replying to this message.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe