re: suitcase ensemble

Hi again,

Some answers re: Suitcase Ensemble.

1) Why was it postponed?

There was a major experimental music event going on, closing out this
season's Static Illusion Methodical Madness (SIMM) series in SF. Not only
were some of the suitcase participants previously engaged with this, but
it
looked like most of the potential audience would go to the San Francisco
event instead.

2) Was it your idea?

Yup. I was trying to find ways to encourage local musicians to try
instruments other than what they normally play, but I didn't want to
dictate
the instruments that they MUST play. The main idea came from noticing that
several local experimental percussionists will bring a suitcase full of
knick-knacks to accompany their drum sets.

3) Can I try it in Memphis?

Sure! If you write to me after the show, I'll let you know how things went
right and/or wrong, and how I think the idea might be improved upon.

4) Do you allow the musicians time to re-bolt the necks of their guitars?

Uh, if someone can find a way to fit a guitar into a suitcase and still
play
it afterwards, it's fine with me!

Matt