fcb1010 programming example

I'm just back from a week away; two things caught my attention
skimming LD digests(and deleting every other one.)  First is
the Doepfer midi controller, which is available "guts only"
so I can (try to)attach my own pots.  Second was a question on
programming the expression pedals of a fcb1010.  Here is
an example of the latter.

I'll start by assuming that is already connecting and working
with PC messages.  The steps below will program the 1010
so that whenever a switch is pushed, an expression pedal will
transmit tempo change midi CC commands to a Repeater.

1) Tap the UP and DOWN switches to select a bank.
>Each bank must be programmed separately.

2) Pick a switch which will put the expression pedal into
change tempo mode.  Any of the switches from 1 to 10 may
be used.  Tap this switch.
>Note that within a bank an ex-ped may have more than one
function.

3) Depress the DOWN switch for several seconds.
> You are down in programming mode.

4) Deselect every switch, and select switch 8.  To select
and deselect a switch, depress it for several seconds.
> At this point switch 8 should be the only switch with
an illuminated LED.
>NB:  Each switch can send several midi commands, this
example uses only a single CC command.

5) Tap switch 8.  Switch 8 should now be blinking.

6) Tap the UP switch.
> This confirms your selection.

7) Raise and lower ex-ped A until the numeric LED shows "9"

8) Tap the UP switch.

9) Raise and lower ex-ped A until the numeric LED shows "0"

10) Tap the UP switch.

11) Raise and lower ex-ped A until the numeric LED shows "127"

12) Tap the UP switch.

13) Depress the DOWN switch for several seconds.
> You are now out of programming mode.

So, in order to send a tempo change to the repeater, tap
the switch you chose in step 2, then use ex-ped A.

If you get unexpected or inconsistent results, the reason
is probably that another switch is reprogramming the ex-ped.
Either go through every other switch on every bank you use
and disable the ex-ped, so that it never gets reprogrammed,
or program the desired function for every switch.  The
ex-peds stay in the last state they were configured by
one of the switches.

By programming some(often the same) ex-ped function for every
switch you can both maintain a given midi cc function for the
ex-peds and change their function as desired.  For my 1010 I
have two banks set up for recording, and on one I use ex-ped A
and B for levels on track one and two, and the other bank
users A & B for levels on three and four.  On two more
banks most switches don't send any PC commands, but
define the ex-pedals to access the many repeater parameters
accessible only by midi CC.

Yours in rhythm,
Steve