RE: EDP+ in France

Title: RE: EDP+ in France

>>But the fact is, Electrix didn't design the Repeater for traditional
instrumentalists any more than Emmanuel designed the DJRND for them.<<

hmm.... so at what point in the history of the thing did they decide to draw the picture of "the repeater band" for the manual? I agree that it's a pain to use with just the suggested digitech two-button switch but then the jam-man wasn't much better until you added /at least/ a reset function to what you could do with y'r feet. both of them are a pain to drop into record if you're doing something with both hands but at least the repeater will stay on the selected midi channel when you switch it off, making remote control a little bit easier.

I'm waiting for an fcb1010 I ordered, having singularly failed to get repeater to do anything useful with the footswitch option, but the machine itself is great for my band. I can lock it up to what the drummer's doing just by whacking the huge tempo button occasionally and if he can hear and see it, he can stay locked to it either.

the bigger problem with it (and the lexicon products, jam-man and vortex) in the context of a live band, is the rack-mount cases. our jam-men live on the shortest cheapest video-camera tripods we could find (£30 each) and this seems to work ok, but the repeater is a bit heavier. from what I saw of pierre bensusan a few years back, the edp wins hands down in this particular area of adaptibility. I can't remember why we bought jam-men instead.....

duncan.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender
by replying to this message.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe