Re: EDP+ in France

Ted-

At 08:17 AM 10/20/2002, ArsOcarina@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 10/20/02 1:56:05 AM, andy.ewen@btinternet.com writes:
> >New memory SIMMs designed and built to our specifications.
>
>Does this mean that these units will still accept a pretty
>wide range of Mac-type simms? Or will it now be only
>compatible with some specific or (possibly) proprietary
>type of memory? And while we're on the topic . . . how
>much Ram will these new  puppies come stuffed with?

They are the same type of simms as before, but since the Echoplex now
comes
with the full memory installed there isn't any reason for a purchaser to
care as they won't have to worry about upgrading it. (the EDP has been
shipping with full memory installed for a while now, so that isn't changed
in the new version.)

>I suppose, a lot of us EDP owners are having at least
>faint passing thoughts as to whether there is any
>particular compelling reason to plan to go out and
>order the new units and put our old boxes on Ebay (or
>something) when these new units become available.
>Sounds like "not" from an end user standpoint . . .
>but just checking.

from an existing user standpoint there is no reason to replace your unit
with a new one. If you upgrade to LoopIV software you will pretty much
have
the same thing.

kim