Stars of the Lid //magicicada\\live October 22 @ eyedrum

when:October 22 2002
where: eyedrum : Atlanta Georgia
time: doors open @ 8

hey all,
I just wanted to invite you to Eyedrum on the 22 of October to check out my experimental sound project magicicada and ambient artists Stars of the Lid(who make gorgeous minimal music). Below is a description of one of my live shows as reviewed by someone who seemed to enjoy it. i also have to say i have liberally used this quote in everythng from bios to emails to my mother.

Christopher White uses the free association of improvisation in his music to liberate his expression of a sound world that is as dark as it is beguiling. Taking found sounds and electronic re-interpretation, an alchemy of rich beauty emerges from this heady mix of the everyday and the synthetic that constitutes the music of magicicada. This is not theoretical music, it is a product of skilful musical form, this music is about experience. Sculpting rolling unease in the lower frequencies to a lattice of rhythms and the pulse of a furnace. A poetry of disorder made vivid in sound.

Lots of fancy imagery in there^. I will do my best to live up to it. anyways i hope to see you out there. I will be the guy with the beanie hidden behind his gear.

Here is a little example of my music if you are inclined to check it out.

ps: lots of live looping and instant compostion will be happening within my set.

October 22 2002
doors open @ 8

cost is 10 dollars

related links: