Re: Please lets all sit together now and define what we do!

i agree.
you can also add manually performing a loop on an instrument to that list.
if it's music and it uses loops, it's looping music.

it seems like gibson would be most interested in what the edp is
generally used for.  i would call that "real-time audio looping" (as have
some ld posters).
you could be more explicit and call it "real-time audio performance loop
sampling",
but i don't think all those extra syllables are justified.
otoh, i think shortening this to "looping" causes a lot of confusion.
even on this list, where people are generally aware of the concepts.
what will happen to our poor child when it is out in the "real world"
poor, little misunderstood looper child.
see him there? all alone in the rain...
poor little bugger...

also:
i don't really see why it is so important whether
what is looped was recorded 10 seconds ago or 10 minutes,
or 10 days, or 10 years...
as far as gymnastics go, it is important; but is it musically important?

and:
would painters that use spray paint call their work spraying?