RE: repeater format reverse engineering project

>  I would love to help you with this project, BUT, I don't own a
>repeater...
>:) I'm a software engineer who's been working professionally for 15 years
>(www.musetrap.com/cpr/resume). For the last 7 years I've been primarily
>working in the computer music field (Opcode, Digidesign, Emu, Apple, and
>Euphonix)... I've done a fair amount of reverse engineering of file
>formats,
>and if someone could send me files, with descriptions of what is recorded
>in them, then I would be willing to take a stab at it... I suppose if a
>repeater owner in the SF bay area was interested in this enough, they
>could
>also do a short term loan of the device, so I could do more interactive
>work, but, maybe a quick look at some samples might yield some results...
>Let me know your thoughts...

I'm keeping this on the list because it might be of general interest!

This sounds very promising and the best way is to get started at this
and see what we need.

What I'll do is over the next few days make a set of representative
loops and then upload them to an ftp site somewhere.

here's what I'll make

  1. a "completely empty loop" which has, if I can do it, zero seconds of
sound.
  2. a single silent loop with one track with no signal on it.
  3. a single loop with sound on it.
  4. same loop with a "time slip" at the beginning
  5. same loop with a "slip" at the end.
  6. same loop transposed up "one notch" (one click of the dial)
  7. same loop transposed up "one semitone"
  8. same loop "reversed"
  9. same loop at "twice" the tempo
10. a four track loop with different material.

then we'll see what we get out of it!

     /t
--

http://loopNY.com ......................An "open loop": shows every