RE: Unidentified sub actually MIDI peds

> Here's my suggestion (straight-forward but probably better ways of doing
>  this): Put the MFC-10 beside another MIDI pedal.  (In my case, I'd
>probably
>  use a EDP EFC-7 and configure the EDP to send MIDI note-on/off.)  Place
>the
>  pedals so you can press them reasonably simultaneously.  Connect the
>MIDI
>  outputs of both to a computer interface (possibly through a merge box).

Use
>  a MIDI monitor like MIDI-OX to capture the MIDI messages with
>timestamps so
>  we can accurately measure any time delay.
>
>  I volunteer to collect data, but somebody will have to loan me an
>MFC-10.
:)

>  Dennis Leas

Love the idea of using the EDP + EFC-7 as a MIDI pedal :-)

The experiment I did was this:-

Connect MFC-10 to MIDI module, ( yamaha MU10)
and play notes for a few minutes.
Then replace the MFC with a midi keyboard and
play again.

Quite weird actually, when playing the keyboard I felt like
the notes  were happening almost before I pressed the key.

If you want a figure, delay is definately between
50mS and 100mS.

With 12 notes a second being not uncommon in music,
I reckon this is somewhat out of the
"hmm, lets measure how big the delay really is"
and more into
"er...I'm sure I pressed something a while ago...
...where is it..........ah....is that it......huh...
........I pressed that?......."

andy butler