Re: Kudos to Roland Customer Support

I'll second that! Amazing tech support from Roland.
They will patiently walk a beginner through the paces
on the phone...

btw, I hope this is posting in plain text now!!!

Bradley Fish

sine@zerocrossing.net wrote:While we're thanking
people (btw, Kim this is an amazing resource to
theworld of music in general, not just looping), I'd
like to step up and thankRoland Musical
Instruments.Last night I had an issue installing a new
OS for my MC-307. To make a longstory short, it was
not Roland's fault at all, it was an issue with
DigitalPerformer. Anyway, I totally expected today to
be the beginning of aprolonged conflict with a non
existent technical service department.Nothing could be
further from the truth! I got through right away,
withonly a little phone menu surfing. It was actually
pretty simple to get tothe person I needed to get
to.... and they picked up the phone after only afew
rings! AMAZING. When he realized I needed more
specific support for myproduct, he quickly transferred
me to the right person who also picked upright away.
The tech support guy was really nice and didn't treat
me like amoron at all, even though I found that Roland
hadn't posted the upgrade dueto the complexity of the
install. He quickly explained how I needed toinstall
the software, gave me a new copy, in case the one I
had was corrupt,and pointed me to a better utility to
do the install. I was off the phonein under 10
minutes.OK, Roland manuals aren't the best. Their web
site generally sucks ass(almost no decent tech support
at all via the web) but they totally pick upthe slack
with real people that actually know their
stuff.Anyway, I've heard others on this list critical
of Roland's "GrooveApproved" products. Yeah, it's a
bunch of marketing yada yada, but let metell you, if
you're looking for a drum machine/sequencer that's got
tons offeatures and great sounds for the price, I'd
definitely recommend Rolandproducts. They're not
perfect, but for the money you actually have sometech
support. That's pretty rare in our world.Mark Sottilaro