Re: Need Help with EDP & FCB 1010--step by step guide

I just sent this to Claude and thought it might be detailed enough to be a useful post to the list:

I didn't mean to be obscure, it's usually best to get people functioning on their own asap.  I can't find the manual, so I'll go through it on mine:

1.  With the FCB in regular mode, press the preset you want to program so that the red light turns on.

2.  press and hold the down key to enter program mode.

3.  press once the up button so that the green light moves to "select" (one to the right)

4.  number 10 turns on and off the note function; press and hold it so that the red light is on

5.  you may wnat to do the same for 8 and 9, which turn on the expression pedals.

6.  if any other buttons are lit, press and hold to turn them off

7.  press 10 once so that it blinks.  you can now program it.

8.   press once the up button to move to note value (the numeric display will flash)

9.   set note value with the numbered buttons.  You add the offset to the default value, so it would be 38 for record.

10  press up to finish programming the note value.

11.  if you want to program the pedals, you select them in the same way (pressing the relevant number once to get it to flash) , then press up once to set the lower value, again once to set the upper value, and again once to finish.

12.  Then press and hold down to exit setup mode.

13.  Repeat for other presets.   (It does get faster!)
Bruce Comens