RE: computer based midi control

You might also look at KeyKit (free!):
nosuch.com/keykit/
A description from the Internet:
"KeyKit is a multi-tasking interpreted programming language (inspired by
awk) designed exclusively for realtime and algorithmic MIDI manipulation.
KeyKit's GUI provides several dozen tools for algorithmic music
experimentation, including a multi-track sequencer and drum pattern editor.
The GUI and all tools are completely written in the KeyKit language itself.
This allows users to add new tools and operations to the existing tools,
even while the system is running. Complete C source code and precompiled
executables for Windows and Linux are provided."

The website seems to be down right now.  I think there's a few LD members
who are KeyKit users, so they could give more info than me.  (I just
installed it this morning.)

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com