Re: Eminems success / labels future

> Well, not to get into an off topic flame war, but the one time I saw him
do a
> song with Elton John, it seemed like he was just saying the words he had
> written with no regard to the song's meter or structure.  Like rather
>than
> craft a line with a specific number of sylabols and put them in time in
> relation to the beat, he just said them as fast as he needed to before he
had
> to let Elton do his part.

No flames assumed, don't worry - differences of opinion are most often
constructive... :o)

I'm not sure it's fair to judge Eminem according to a show-case duet with
Elton - whose style is clearly incompatible with Marshall's... :o)

Have a listen to the Real Slim Shady or his latest single - I've been
seriously inspired by his rhythm stuff. Not since Bone Thugs 'n' Harmony
first came out, or Freestyle Fellowship have vocalists had such an obvious
influence over the way I approach rhythm... (required listening - 'First Of
Tha Month' by Bone Thugs, and 'Innercity Boundaries' by Freestyle
Fellowship)

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk