Re: dancing loops - MIDI Ball Website

     Hi Matthias. I would guess that the idea of the MIDI Ball could be applied in many different ways, including the way you have proposed. I think that it would be great! I wonder if Tactex could actually make a small handball out of their smartfabric. I know that StarrLabs used small rubber balls (cut in half) in a custom controller that they built. Although this is applied in a much different fashion that what you have proposed, I think that the precedent is already there.
     Marc

In a message dated 9/29/2002 7:36:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, matthias@grob.org writes:

>      Here's the link to the MIDI Ball:
><http://home.earthlink.net/~sabean2/performance.html>Click here:
>Performance Innovations  If the clickable link doesn't work, the URL
>is:
>               http://home.earthlink.net/~sabean2/performance.html
>      There's a good picture of the MIDI Ball on this page. Take care, Marc

looks nice... probably the triggers are wireless, not the MIDI
signal... and it does not seem to be a comercial product.
do you think this is artistically interesting? I guess the public
just grabs on it as soon as it reaches it, so there is no expression
exept eager... no?
I had rather imagined the size of a hand ball, so a dancer can play
with it and create rhythms, maybe melodic things by squeezing it...

thank you for that inspiration anyway!