Re: Reflections on right brain/left brain approaches to gear

Carsten Wegener wrote:

> I want to buy a multi-effects processor for my rack. There is so much
>gear,
> I have no idea, which one I should get. good sounding reverbs, good Pitch
> shhifter, easy programming and intuitive performance are important for
>me.
> Also I prefer a tool with less functions, I donīt need every effect I
>ever
> heard of in this box. Anyone who can help me?

Why a rack mounted multi-effects?  Although, that's what I use, I find it
takes up 2 rack spaces (some do only one) AND need a floor pedal to control
them.  The Korg Toneworks series and the Digitech GNX series both have a
decent complement of effects all in nice floor pedal configurations.

If you really need a rack unit, there's the TC Electronics G Major and G
Force.  Roland's got the GP-100 (List member Mark Hamburg was selling one
really cheap recently) and if you've got a lot of cash, Lexicon makes the
MPX-G2.  If you don't care about distortion, there are a ton more on the
market, like Lexicon's MPX100.

You should really get yourself over to a music shop where you can listen
to a
bunch of these products with your guitar and amp if possible.  Lot's of
stores
have a 30 day return policy, so you can really dig deep.  No one will be
able
to tell you which one is right for you.

Mark Sottilaro