From: Doug Cox [mailto:bickleypunk@pdq.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 5:40 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: do you imagine pictures while playing?

This is an interesting topic.

Not that I'm a big fan of LSD (anymore, at least!)...
Still, I have experienced, and then read observations from a wide variety
of
sources, that sound can often manifest itself as shapes and colors while
under the influence of a hallucinogen.  I have often wondered if this is
some chemical effect of the drug, or if it is simply a heightened
sensitivity to something that's always there - a basic relationship in the
human mind between sound and shape.

I'm also reminded of a Peter Gabriel lyric, from "Humdrum", on the 1st solo
album:
"Lost among echoes of things not there
Watching the sounds forming shapes in the air"

Doug

PS - gotta go get that PG "Up" CD soon!