Re: do you imagine pictures while playing?

Sound is a metaphoric expression of things seldom said. Whether seen or unseen it is in the eye of the beholder.

jeff

Doug Cox wrote:
005601c264f5$40726880$0e0aa8c0@upstairs">
This is an interesting topic.

Not that I'm a big fan of LSD (anymore, at least!)...
Still, I have experienced, and then read observations from a wide variety of
sources, that sound can often manifest itself as shapes and colors while
under the influence of a hallucinogen. I have often wondered if this is
some chemical effect of the drug, or if it is simply a heightened
sensitivity to something that's always there - a basic relationship in the
human mind between sound and shape.

I'm also reminded of a Peter Gabriel lyric, from "Humdrum", on the 1st solo
album:
"Lost among echoes of things not there
Watching the sounds forming shapes in the air"

Doug

PS - gotta go get that PG "Up" CD soon!