Re: MiniDisc for field recording

The quality of the codec is much higher now
and here, in Toronto, it's very easy to get discs.
More and more of my friends use them too
so it's easy to exchange discs with our music.
A good portable DAT is better quality (you
just have to think about how much room is
left in the MD for the mic preamp) but the
MD quality is still very good - and I know
several people who have made very good
CDs from master recordings on MD.
Their size makes them good for spontaneous
field recordings.

Cheers,
Scott M2

http://www.dreamSTATE.to