RE: MiniDisc for field recording

No- I get my discs at Best Buy-
As for the previous post regarding fidelity- they sound great- the
algorhythms are improved over the early days-  I have a Sharp and a set
of binaural mics- works really well, and has other compressions that
allow 160 to 320 min of rec time at lower fidelity- battery life is good
and an little added AA adapter eliminates any compatibility/adapter
issues.

In any event I think MD recorders are an excellent value. I use it to
record rehearsals and can divide and edit out unwanted portions easily.
You can title recordings, group tracks and perform many other editing
functions. The access time to any track is quick unlike DAT-

If you think you will need to adjust the Rec level on the fly then Sony
are not the best bet as you have to go into sub menus. Sharp have direct
Rec level adj on all models.

Cliff

www.om-studios.com

It was written:
I thought the MDs were pretty obsolete at this point..the availability
of
the medium itself..

Whatever you do..get yourself  a good wind sock