EDP and Repeater sync question

Hi,
I have a drum loop recorded on the repeater and want
to sync it with the EDP,the EDP being the master.When
i record a guitar loop on the EDP the sample doesn´t
exactly sync like my drum computer does,it is too slow
or too fast.I have to manually mess around with the
EDP´s 8th/beat untill i find the right value for them
to sync well.My question is how do you determine the
correct value? (ex.when the EDP reads 3.0 seconds the
repeater reads 161.3 BPM)
thanx
Louie

=====