Looper's Delight Archive Top (Search)
Date Index
Thread Index
Author Index
Looper's Delight Home
Mailing List Info

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: Vibrato pedal for a cello..

>From a keyboard perspective, trills are two adjacent notes in repetition,
whereas tremolos are two or more notes further apart, thereby a shake of
harmony rather than scale steps.


----- Original Message -----
From: "ernesto schnack" <schnack@mailbolt.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 11:09 PM
Subject: Re: Vibrato pedal for a cello..

> the repetition of 2 notes can be called a trill, but has to do with
> context.  A trill is condidered more of a decoration on a melody, so i
> guess you could say it's a name for a specific type of tremolo...then
> again, on a string instrument, a trill would be played legato, but on a
> two-note tremolo each note would be attacked seperately, so i guess it
> isn't the same thing.
> Ernesto
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:03:11 +0100, "jimfowler" <jimfowler@prodigy.net>
> said:
> > i thought that a "rapid repetition" of two or more notes was generally
> > referred to as a "trill"
> >
> > -jim
> >
> >
> >
> --
> ernesto schnack
> http://schnack.does.it
> --
> http://fastmail.fm/ - Access your email from home and the web