new Chicago loop production

Please excuse my long silence here on this list...been working long and
hard on a new production with the Plasticene Physical Theater Company...

If there are any Chicago loopers beside me on the list, I hope you can
attend...

THE PALMER RAIDS: A THEATRICAL CONSTRUCTION

This performance departs from Plasticene's signature approach in a
couple ways. All sounds are created live, no pre-recorded sounds. Four
actors speaking and sounding through wireless microphones provide the
source material. I sample and process this in real-time via the Echoplex
DP (still running Loop III at this time), a G4 PowerBook w/ Max/MSP and
Digital Performer, in some sections creating entirely new sounds out of
their
voices.

The audio I/O for the G4 is the Tascam US-428. There's no latency using
Max, though w/ Digtal Performer it's quite noticeable. I'm a novice with
Max, but have learned a lot in the past several weeks (it helps to have
a deadline).

Aside from using voice and text, the other departure is our use of an
actual historical event to base and build a performance. Though the
events that lead to the Palmer Raids of 1919-20 are nearly forgotten,
however they parallel current events in many ways... In every major US
city bombings, mass arrests, and deportations, the US Attorney General
considered one out of four Americans as suspects.

We opened this past weekend and the performances run each week until the
beginning of October. Each performance is one hour and twenty minutes
long, no stops. Here's the rest of the data:

National Pastime Theater
4139 North Broadway in Chicago
Parking available at Buena and Sheridan two blocks from the theater

Performances:     Thursdays at 8pm, $15
                  Fridays at 8pm, $20
                  Saturdays at 8pm, $20 AND 11pm, $15
                  Sundays at 8pm, $15

                  Must close Sunday, October 6th at 8pm

                  Hour-Before-Curtain Student Rush Tickets are $10

*Post-Show Party until 2am after Saturday 11pm performance on October 5th.

For info and reservations call: 312.409.0400

Best regards,
Eric

--
Upcoming Performances & Events: http://pages.ripco.net/~eleon/whatsnew.html

The Palmer Raids: A Theatrical Construction... Thursdays through
Sundays, Sept. 13 to Oct. 6
Plasticene presents an original piece of experimental physical theater
with a new sonic and verbal edge, at the National Pastime Theater, 4139
N. Broadway in Chicago

Info & reservations: 312-409-0900

Home page: http://pages.ripco.net/~eleon

Recent CD reviews: http://home.attbi.com/~rzzaj/Z57Reviews.htm