Vibrato pedal for a cello..

Hey gang....
I need a vibrato pedal, possibly with
external control, for a unique purpose.
I'm a guitarist, but I recently purchased
an electric cello.  It is going to be a while
before I learn decent vibrato technique
and I've had this idea that could get me
utilizing the cello in recording a lot sooner.

I want to run the cello's output to a vibrato
pedal that I can control with a small lever
attached to the bow.  I don't know whether
I can get away with controlling only speed
or whether I'd need to control depth as well.
But I was wondering if there might be a pedal
out there that could do the job.  I could even
hack into the rate knob of the pedal and use
a small potentiometer rigged to a lever on
the bow....  or just use the pot/lever as the
pedal for a MIDI controller.  Any ideas
would be appreciated.  I am looking for a
pedal that will give me the most realistic
vibrato effect.
--
gary
@friendlyspider.com