Re: Andre EDP Loops

  I'm simulating a sort of scratch using the DBeam on the MC-505 to send
note messages to pitchshift tracks in the Repeater.   When done quickly, it
sounds like scratching.   Woohoo!   -lots of fun!   -and can be very
musical too...

Smiles,

CQ

At 09:53 AM 9/14/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I must say, that as a Repeater owner I pretty much *never* use this
>feature,
>though I could see how a "DJ" type user would.  The Repeater is (was)
>obviously going for that market, where the EDP seems more aligned to a
general
>instrumentalist.  No?  Of course, each can be used by either, but I'm
>talking
>about general design philosophy.  Hell, the Repeater's got a built in
>phono
>preamp.  Hell, if I were a company that was going to re-release the
>Repeater,
>I'd put it in a DJ mixer and add a way to scratch loops.
>
>Mark Sottilaro
>
>Kim Flint wrote:
>
>> The lack of a saving capability in the EDP is a limitation, but at the
>same
>> time I found it oddly liberating after a while. I used to hate it when I
>> had created a really cool loop and then had to destroy it later. It
>seems
>> really negative at first. But after a while this create-and-destroy
>process
>> caused me to realize that if I created something good once I could
>create
>> something good again. A feeling of confidence grew out of that - I could
>> rely on myself rather than a hard disk. From an improvising standpoint
>it
>> was a great learning experience. It's certainly not a concept you can
>> easily market, yet I'm glad to have had it....

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit The Guitar Cafe.