Re: EDP Noise level

At 13:27 13/09/2002, you wrote:
>Hans (ernie ball Hans?)

Yeah, that's me.

>Yes it will shift in pitch. Perhaps the solution  is a balancing act of
>levels, but  I have had no such luck finding this balance...Another
>curious
>thought - assuming you change your sound or even instrument often has
>anyone
>been able to keep the levels of their EDP and AUX level controls the same
>for
>more than 1 week. I am always tinkering to combat distortion, or hiss, or
>wet/dry mix level....man, I just want to play!

I'm pretty sure I've got my levels set right, but it still does it.  You
can hear the noise pretty clearly in the left channel when the EDP kicks
in
on "Total Immersion" at http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/armatronix/ and
also at the very end when I'm hitting replace.

It does basically disappear into the background after the loop gets built
up enough, however.  I just don't trust my other EDP enough to send it in
(it's had problems of its own), but I have spoken to Shane about it and
he's willing to take a look.

I don't find that the levels of the EDP change so much as the knobs just
tend to migrate during transit.  Somewhere on my list of projects is to
try
to find replacement trim pots for the input level that I can set and
forget.  It sucks when there's no time for a sound check and you just have
to pray that everything's right.

>Todd (Davitt & Hanser Todd)

Ah yes... How are those OLP instruments selling?  I don't get to hear much
marketing-talk back in the engineering office.

-Hans