Confirmed: My EDP is broken. (was Re: EDP and a BIG burst of static/hiss)

Well, at this point, I'm pretty damn sure it's not oxidized memory, or
poorly
seated eproms.  I've been over and over those roads.  I left a loop
running all
night, it was still going this morning, but a *gentle* tap brought the
house of
cards down.  Could be a bad solder joint somewhere, but why speculate?  I
can't
fix it.

My EDP is broken.

So, where do I go from here?  I guess I send it somewhere and wait.  I'm
pissed, but what am I going to do?  It mainly sucks because these things
become
your instrument, and when they die it's hard not to get emotional about it.
Thanks to all of you who offered me your extra EDPs, but I'm going to
distance
myself from the EDP for a while and just stick with my Repeater for now.

Mark Sottilaro