Re: EDP and a BIG burst of static/hiss

Sounds similar to the result of EDP "overheating due to the old voltage
regulator design"  - though that probably wouldn't stop happening unless
it
was moved or equipment near it got turned off.

http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199807/msg00036.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200012/msg00235.html

You can determine if you have the old regulator or one of the newer ones
by
reading this:
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200101/msg00074.html