carvin pu

well yes it is because of the name indeed, but I also know the man is
quite serious about what he plays.
Duncan pu AH models are totally impossible to find for me or at a
proposed price of about 3 time the carvin one.
It also appears that AH really plays his Carvin Fatboy with his carvin
pu. I know the sound of the Duncan models (a friend got one),  and I
really like it.
I've been propsed to use a "Fed" instead, supposed to have a nice mellow
sound though with enough bite. But it's connection with Joe Satriani
made me wonder...
Honestly, I am puzzled that AH went from Bill de Lap to Carvin. I have a
hard time imagining he prefers the Carvin guitar.
Especially knowing the quite insane stuff de Lap made for him (his 34
and 36' scale neck for guitar, as an example)..