carvin pu

well yes it is because of the name indeed, but I also know the man is
quite serious about what he plays.
Duncan pu AH models are totally impossible to find for me or at a
proposed price of about 3 time the carvin one.
It also appears that AH really plays his Carvin Fatboy with his carvin
pu. I know the sound of the Duncan models (a friend got one),  and I
really like it.
I've been propsed to use a "Fed" instead, supposed to have a nice mellow
sound though with enough bite. But it's connection with Joe Satriani
made me wonder...
Honestly, I am puzzled that AH went from Bill de Lap to Carvin. I have a
hard time imagining he prefers the Carvin guitar.
Especially knowing the quite insane stuff de Lap made for him (his 34
and 36' scale neck for guitar, as an example)..

Olivier