RE: Roland PK-5 as Echoplex Controller

<<I was checking out the pk-5 a few months ago, they were going for about
<<$300 to $500 on e'bay. Then there was none to be found. Now I've noticed
<<that Roland has the pk-7. I wonder what the difference is except the
<<price, they where going for about $1200. Can you program them to play
<<chord swells while your hands are busy doing othe things? Curious.
<<Bill/Las Vegas

You can find them new for just under $400--I got 'em for $300 used.  Make
sure you get the manual.
I saw the PK-7 when I got the links I included in my last post--it has more
notes but not the MIDI stuff, AFAICT.
As for chord swells, there is a polyphonic mode, but you have to play the
notes--good luck unless you have really good pedal skills.  Of course, you
could trigger another device with single notes--I thought about this, using
the PC1600x to send chords.  If I do this at all, it'll be down the road.
I DID hook loads o' gear up today and I can make this piece fit into my
MIDI pile (Santa Cruz show was minimal equipment for various reasons, not
the least of which was, let's not embarrass ourselves too much in front of
our peers).  One wrinkle to be aware of--when programming the CC section,
it
treats certain CC numbers as momentary.  So I can't use 65 for feedback
anymore . . .  Thanks again to Sean Echevarria for Raymond--I haven't
started that project yet, but I'm sure it'll be a breeze.  Once I made the
change, I programmed the lower half of the octave for feedback and the top
part for volume.  Sa-weet!
Gary