Re: How people get into looping (was: some other subject that I've just deleted)

On Thursday, August 29, 2002, at 12:59 PM, Steve Lawson wrote:

> I think that's partly true, but a heck of a lot of people just can't
> seem to
> conceptualise what looping is. It's unbelieveable. It's not until they
> sit
> and see close up you hitting start and stop that they get any idea
> what's
> going on.

THAT IS SO TRUE!!!!

It got worse for me...there were times when people (including some
musicians) were watching me play at Paris Plage for up to 45 minutes,
then during the break, came up to me and asked "So did you compose the
backing CD yourself?".... or "So, what does this foot pedal do?".... or
"Why are you pressing those buttons when you play?".....

Even with my advertising board explaining what I was doing, and
theatrically jumping up and down on my pedals, people still did not
understand what I was doing...

*sigh* :)

--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project