why so heavy?

The sun is coming up, but I cannot find sleep... "mainstream" and
"old fart" circulates...

Full Moon, this week end, huh?

I spend a lot of time reading all those looong mails that derived
from the Santana thread I started and turned into something I dont
feel right with...
Hey, Kim, this is the meeting point we (or you or whoever) started -
is this really the tone and conversation we like? It sounds so cold
and harsh to me!

This list is a sensitive spot. From the majority I read that they
dont care about the mainstream, why would you make all this effort to
make us feel old and/or crazy?

Its certainly interesting to avaliate what sounds out of the open car
windows in Oakland. To be cool, you cannot turn up loud anything
which is "out", but the world is so huge! And also in US so much
sounds softly and behind closed windows.
The charts document the success of the economy system that drove us
into that heavy crisis the world (yes, not US!) is suffering from - I
dont want to support that!
I suspect what we call mainstream is not the majority, just the most
recent major minority... For the majority, most of the time, there is
too much traffic jam and noise arround mainstream things.

I totally agree that we neither economically nor culturally get very
far if we stick to crazy music, but let it live and grow. If I go
through the mp3 I downloaded so far, I find most very strange stuff.
I dont mind, because I dont know where it leads to or what is "in". I
am happy that everyone can come out with his thing and all has
something to it!
And there is some stuff that I reeely like!
I cannot not point at any "product" though that I could see in the charts.
And its not typical for this kind of creation, it fits smaller events
better. Few improvise on big stages, they rather would use
prerecorded samples...

Hey, I did not spend all those years of work so at some point some
band makes a huge hit and I get a million and half year later you
tell me "oh no, that sound is old crap now".

So please read about the way out in the following mail...

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org