action plan

Basically we agreed on some important things that have been said
about what we want and need so this comunity grows healthy. Since its
spread in so much text, I try to conclude here (sorry, if its
somewhat subjective, naturally):

Situation
Although a lot of time passed and lot of efforts have been done, the
public and the most musicians are not much aware yet of what live
looping means, or what it really means.
- thats sad for us, because
   - we dont get the respect we deserve for our art form
   - tecnical development is inhibited:
     - we keep loosing good tools because the market is too small
(JamMan, Repeater)
     - there is a lack of a low cost tool that does as much as such HW
allows
     - the existing tools need improvement but
       - there was not enough economical success to support that
       - the functions available are rather bigger that the users
capacity to use them

Direction:
We need to inform people and ideally make those happy who would want
to experience what we do but dont know about it - by:
- supporting musicians that make a pleasent music
- teaching musicians about the tools and possible musical forms so they
   - by videos, possibly by several artists explaining their approach
   - workshops
   - collect all usefull information sent to this list and organize it
on the site
   - make the Loopers Of the World catalog attractive for booking agencies
- teaching the public about it and how to follow such a creation
- creating a looppool where events this art form are documented and
stimulated
- creating a sticker saying "I am so loopie, be my groopie" with
spirals on tits ;-)

Ressources:
for this we need a colective effort of this comunity with the
industry that creates the tools and the media. Money, work,
information and ideas have to flow and be shared and divided justly
amongst the most competent and involved people. Somebody may have to
coordenate things... or not, lets see...

We need to be aware that it probably takes another while.

... and it will be fun!

Feel free to fill in more lines :-O
but please not so heavy discussions, none of us is totally right
anyway, we rather need positive input...

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org