Re: Pattern Sequencers (was Re: Repeater spotted for sale)

Notron is the king of real time step sequencers.
But unfortunately, it is no longer made and nearly impossible to get.

For new developments, check these out:

 http://tidalmusic.homestead.com/files/so_main_files/step-one.htm

 http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dhughes/instruments.html

 http://www.technotoys.com/mikado/

Currently available step sequencers:

 http://www.frostwave.com/fatcontroller/index.html

 http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/feb00/articles/mamsq16.htm

 http://www.clavia.se/nordmodular/index.htm

 http://www.doepfer.de/maq_e.htm

 http://www.technosaurus.ch/cyclodon.htm

Also, there are lots of nifty pattern sequencers (RM1x, XL-7, Electribe,
too many
to list), as well as vintage analog gear.

If you prefer software:

 http://algoart.com/web/softstep.htm

Notron info:

 http://www.3phase.org/notron/