RE: EZbus

I use an EzBus and have found it to be an incredibly useful piece of
equipment.  It takes a little getting used to the idea that you really
can route anything to anywhere, with both digital and analog inputs &
outputs.  In some ways its kind of like the switchblade, but where the
switchblade is only a single rack space, the Ezbus has form like a
Mackie 1402 mixer (maybe a little wider).  The thing that the Ezbus has
that the switchblade doesn't is the ability to route both analog signals
and digital signals (via ADAT optical, SPIDF or USB).  In fact it seems
that more and more of the newer devices like the Eventide Eclipse,
Repeater, Akai Z8 sampler, etc. are coming out with digital connections,
and the Ezbus helps to integrate those devices in with all the legacy
equipment that only support analog.  The Ezbus also can do some of the
things that people use control surfaces for with a bank of continuous
controller sliders & buttons for controlling things.  All of the analog
inputs & outputs are balanced and the mixer has 2 phantom powered mic
pres with XLR connectors.  Finally, where I think it will work nicely in
a looping and effects routing rig, you can create a specific routing
configuration and save it as a preset and then recall up to 32 different
routing presets using a midi command.  Finally, if you ever plan on
integrating a laptop for use in your live rig with softsynths, the Ezbus
can handle both the midi transmission and audio return via its USB
connection.  The only gripe I have about the Ezbus is the fact that it
doesn't have rack ears or any way of being bolted into a rack or mixer
top.  I guess you could use a slide out tray of some sort.  I am looking
to find a tray that I can place in a mixer top rack that I can somehow
attach the Ezbus to, to help make setup and tear down at gigs quicker.

Regards,
Steve