Deltalab Effectron I - Connection question

Hello,

I've recently picked up a nice Effectron I to use w/my guitar & amp
combination.  However, i'm having issues trying to make the connection.
Getting a very strange buzzzzzzzzzzzz when running a 1/4" cable (output)
into
my amp (input).    Of course, i'm pluging my guitar via "input" on the
effectron.  NOW, i notice that 10W is printed on the back of the unit.
Does
this unit send a pwr signal AND a effect signal?

My question, what does it take to make this unit work (sending a signal)
my amp?

thanks in advance.
Chris Evans