Re: Nu Metal vs. Steve Vai vs. Santana

>I've always love Carlos's music (heck, I used to go see him play in the
>parks for free on Sundays growing up when his band was called the Carlos
>Santana Blues Band and he had not even begun his Latino/Blues hybrid and
>was
>only playing straight Chicago styled electric blues)
>so my ears perked up when he was so successful last year.
>
>What I noticed was that for about 4 months his music was EVERYWHERE in
>Santa
>Cruz: in coffee shops, bookstores, bars, on people's car stereos.

right and all arround the world, while some other supposedly famous
stuff I may never have heard of because I was not in US and dont
listen to the radio. But the Santana CD I experienced at full lenght
for sun down from some cottage at the beach in Salvador...
And in Europe similarely, one of the few islands in techno land...

And I trust that his motive to play is not the money nor beeing
better than others...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org