Re: Looping Venues

David wrote:
> I always thought the Taj Mahal would be interesting.

I recall an LP by the jazz flautist Paul Horn (called "Inside"?) which was
done on a portable reel-to-reel in the main (domed) chamber of the Taj
Mahal.  Most of the pieces were improvisations, incorporating the
incredible
reverb and echo of the dome.

I've visited the Taj Mahal several times but never brought an instrument (I
doubt that any are allowed now, since you must pass through several
security
checks with metal detectors to enter the grounds.  I even had to check a
box
of cough drops at a security station since no foods are allowed, either).
Once I ventured a halfhearted cry up into the dome, but not having much of
voice it only felt silly.