Re: Looping Venues

At 01:19 PM 8/21/2002, Richard Zvonar wrote:
>At 1:23 PM -0400 8/21/02, Jhsidlo@aol.com wrote:
>>     Hello everybody, I'm James Sidlo and I loop and process baritone
>> guitar. I'm looking for looping venues to perform at around the third
>> week of September.
>
>Rothko Chapel in Houston
>Brooklyn Bridge Anchorage
>Upper Quarry Amphitheater at UC Santa Cruz
>The Pantheon in Rome
>Meteor Crater Arizona

There's the artist in residence program in Antarctica. You just have to be
prepared to be stuck there for half the year until the ice thaws, but at
least you have a captive audience of weather scientists and penguins. I
think Henry Kaiser did this. I saw a picture of him using the actual south
pole as a slide on his guitar. Sitting on the south pole would be sort of
like looping.

kim