The AM/FM Show Playlist for August 17, 2002

[ Best viewed using a fixed spacing font. ]

The Saturday AM/FM Show is hosted every other week by Bill Fox who plays
electronic, ambient, spacemusic, Progressive Rock, and an eclectic mix of
other
genres.  The show airs from 6:00 am to 8:00 am on WMUH Allentown on 91.7
FM and
on the internet.  Send me comments if you love or hate what I played.  I
also
host Afterglow every Thursday from 8:00 am to 9:30 am.

                    Show #6                    August 17, 2002.

RECAP:
I started with spacemusic and moved through some eclectic genres of music,
ending with some progressive rock.  Along the way, I played the music of a
band
that will be appearing at the Progday festival in Chapel Hill, North
Carolina
on August 31 and September 1.  I will return to The AM/FM Show on August
31.

PLAYLIST:

Phase I/Space:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
vidnaObmana and         I                        The Shifts Recyclings
  Asmus Tiechens                                   (Soleilmoon)
VA [Ministry of Inside  While the Rest of the    The Gatherings (Synkronos)
  Things]                 World Sleeps
VA [Bionaut]            Astral Unraveller        The Gatherings (Synkronos)
Navigator               Flashing Blue            Oceanic Empire (Groove)

Phase II/Eclectic:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
Trammell Starks         The Castle Gate          A Trilogy Fantasy (St.
Clair)
Linisfarne              This Too Will Pass       Lindisfarne Acoustic
(none)
Eva Cassidy           I Wandered By A Brookside  Time After Time (Blix
Street)
Erik Wollo              Rainbows                 Guitar Nove (Spotted
Peccary)
Armen Chakmakian        Gypsy Rain               Ceremonies (Tru Art)
Willy Porter            If Love Were An Airplane Willy Porter (Six Degrees)

Phase III/Progressive Rock:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
Porcupine Tree          Strip the Soul           Sampler 2002.3 (Lava)
Porcupine Tree          Slave Called Shiver      Stupid Dream (K Scope)
VA [IZZ]                Oh, How It's Great       Progday 2002 (Progday)
Transatlantic           Duel With The Devil      Bridge Across Forever
                                                   (InsideOut)

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

Bill
Host of the AM/FM Show on WMUH Allentown  91.7 FM every other Saturday at
6 am.
Host of Afterglow on WMUH every Thursday morning from 8:00 to 9:30.
http://soundscapes.us/~bill/amfm
http://soundscapes.us/~bill/afterglow
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space  music  show.
Thursdays  at
11  pm  on  WDIY  88.1  FM,  Allentown  and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in
Easton and
Phillipsburg.     http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic
Radio Station Web Sites:    http://wdiy.org
http://www.muhlenberg.edu/wmuh