Re: Brian May's setup

> Hi Steve! After a long hiatus, I have rejoined the online loop scene!
> Anyway, while the signature amp for Jaco was indeed the Acoustic 360,
> he did have a pretty close real relationship with Hartke (Larry?).
> Not that that meant that he used the gear that much.

...though I have a pretty good relationship with a lot of bass builders
whose work I admire and recommend to people (Zon, Status, etc) but if they
put me in their ads, it'd be pretty damn weird when every recording I've
ever done has been with my moduluses (moduli)...

> The real point I
> want to make, though, is that THE Jaco sound came from his fingers.
> For a huge portion of his studio recordings he was plugged in direct,
> no amp, no preamp, no nothing.

Absolutley...

BTW, great to have you hear, Edwin - I'm sure you've got loads to
contribute!

> Edwin
> PS Loop content: I saw Jaco twice, 1978 with Weather Report and 1979
> with Joni Mitchell and in both cases, he got to do some crazy loops!

Don't tell me stuff like that, I just get jealous! :o)

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk