The Need for Feedback

-----Original Message-----
Matthias Grob wrote:
<snip>

^^As stig sais, you can do it with output volume fading, too. But then
it leads to the use of several loopers or tracks... a much bigger
technical and operational effort for some more flexibility - a little
less organic, maybe...?

```~~~ I'm back to trying to use two loopers at once; an EDP with Loop III
for percussion and another with Loop IV for guitar, synth etc.  More
stuff=greater care to be taken, fer shure . . .
But the thing that just occurred to me to mention concerning the feedback
issue and also a recent thread on how to get out of a loop (this was about
6
weeks back):
If you set fb to fade a loop and begin playing another theme (contrasting,
variation, whatever) live, when the loop fades sufficiently, you can finish
it live--and you don't have to ride levels, you just set the fb to
gradually
decay--
I am reminded of the National Lampoon perfect ending:  "Suddenly everyone
was run over by a truck."
Lots of fade outs at the Santa Cruz thing--I can't wait to observe the
moment at the end of Ted Killian's set when the change fell out of my
pocket--now there's a way to end a loop--

And Steuart also questioned:
***if people are making good/great music with the tools at hand, why
must they be taught something different?

^^I guess that those who are perfectly happy with their great music are
not on that list.

```~~~ I think we're all iconoclasts on this bus.
Gary