Re: question for Mathias Grob,regarding pcm42 mod

>>hi,i hope you remember me,i'm maneco from uruguay,
>
>yes, I do!
>
>>i have two questions regarding your primitive loop delay,based in pcm42
>>and counters,registers...
>>i've read the program code in your site..did you do all of that just
>with
>>logic?
>>in that case, you used presetable counters or adders for calculating the
>>read and write address...
>
>correct
>
>>are the math operations needed for calculating tempo bars possible with
>>these aproach?
>
>I am not sure whether I understand this question... I dont think I
>calculated tempo bars with the HW mod... the 42s unique tempo definition
>did not work any more after my mod, since it was done in the processor
>which I took out :-(

>>Thank you very much
>>Um abraÇo
>>maneco
>
>outro!

hi,Mathias,

i have now printed copies of your program lines in my pocket,i read the
every liunch break,this morning i was repairing a dialysis machine in a
clinic and while waiting a procces to end,reading them....

do you remember which counters you used(my guess is 74ls163 for presetable
counters,and 74ls283 for adders...)

Is it necesary to work with the full adress,or just the most significant
part of it,for example the 8 most significant?
i'm starting to understand all of your system,but i don't quite get the
idea
of how to make a difference using logic gates(radr=wadr-lotm,for
example)maybe i should think it as wadr=radr+lotm?

i'm not asking for your designs or drawings,i'm really having fun with
this...i'm happy that i understood how you copied the data from the tempo
loop to the long multiplied loop,it's not a copy,just full feedback,isn`t
it?

my looper is getting into shape...4mb,30khz,8 bit + compander,stompbox
format,four footswitches(tap,loop,write and bypass)later i'll have to
think
how to send clock out from it,maybe with a pll(4046?)i'll have to multiply
the tempo rate from the tempo count

obrigado!!!

Maneco

Charle con sus amigos online usando MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com