[OT] Album Spam : Live @ Paris Plage

Hi all,

I've been playing on the street for the past week or so at Paris Plage -
an artificial beach built along the banks of the Seine. I've been
installing myself underneath a large bridge with a 180 degree pure arch.
The acoustics are phenominal. There is enough space for up to 300 people
for the audience with many more people just passing by.

Just myself, a 5 string violin, a battery amp and one DL4 pedal.

My music has changed. Gone is the melancholic sadness, and introduced is
a manic ethnic-gypsy-celtic paganini-ness with a full african drum
section courtesy of hitting the living soul out of the instrument. I
think I'm playing at about 120-160BPM.... a big change for me.

Anyway, I've been recording the past couple of days using two
minidiscs... one to record the direct sound (as I have recorded up until
now),  the other with a Sony Minidisc mic that I picked up for 150
dollars to record the sounds of the street. I'm going to be mixing the
chosen tracks after the weekend, and will upload as mp3's to the site.
I'll give LD a userid/password for the new area as soon as they are
online.

....Finally I've been able to find a space where I can actually play :)

....Shame it ends on Sunday. :(
--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com