Re: The Legendary Electro-Harmonix 16 Second Delay

Ah, part of the problem is me, as when I said, "nothing comes close" I did
not
mean it as a value judgement.  I meant it in terms of a combonation of
features/interface and price that set it apart from what was out there. (in
it's time)  When it was released, $700 might have been a million dollars
to me,
as I was broke.  I think I played with it at Manny's in NYC for a little
while.  The PCM42 was even farther out of my radar due to it's pricetag.
The
closest I've come to one is living next to Gary Hall!

Anyway, I didn't mean to missrepresent anyone.  I was following the last
EH16
thread, and what I gathered from your posts was that you believed that the
PCM42 did most (or all?) of what the EH16 did, but a lot better quality at
much higher price.  I'm glad to have that info, as I frankly had little
knowlege of that the PCM42 was.  With it's pricetag of $700 as compared to
the
multi thousand (how much were they?) PCM42, I'd still say that even though
it's
quality was much less, nothing came close in it's price range.

So LET'S GET SOME COFFEE!

Mark Sottilaro