San Francisco - Oakland - Los Angeles Gig and Clinic Spam

Hello list,

I have a California mini-tour coming up next week, in three stages:

1) The Solo Gig

Thursday, August 22
509 Cultural Center
509 Ellis Street (between Leavenworth and Hyde Streets)
San Francisco, CA
$6-$10 Sliding Scale

This is an installment of the Luggage Store Gallery Creative Music
Thursdays series.  Please note that the gig is at the 509 Cultural
Center, and NOT the "regular" Luggage Store localle.  I'll be doing my
solo looping thing at 9:00 PM, with the Che Guevarra Memorial Marching
(and Stationary) Accordian Band (!) opening the show at 8:00.

2) Bay Area Echoplex Open Session

Saturday, August 24
3150 Adeline St., Oakland, CA
2:00 PM until 6:00 - ish (or whenever everyone leaves)
$5 - $10 suggested donation

A clinic, a hang, an open forum, and maybe more, hosted by Kim Flint.
The idea is for any interested parties to show up, and we'll bat around
ideas, answer questions, demonstrate approaches, attempt to demystify
any mystification which may exist, and basically compare notes on the
EDP and looping in general.

If anyone's interested in bringing their own EDP and instrument(s) along
to do some playing and get some specific
feedback/critiques/praise/suggestions from folks there, I think that'd
be great.  If you want to play but doesn't have your own speaker
enclosures, let Kim know so that he can see about procuring a PA for the
day.

3) Los Angeles American Composer's Forum Tech Salon, with Richard
Zvonar, Peter Freeman, Carl Stone, and myself

Sunday, August 25
Rocco's (http://www.roccoinla.com/)
6320 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA
2:00 PM

An event very graciously organized by Dr. Richard Zvonar, this will be a
combination clinic/performance/panel discussion featuring Richard
discussing the history of looping, myself presenting the EDP, Peter
Freeman showcasing the Repeater and PCM 80, and laptop guru Carl Stone
discussing Max/MSP.  Exactly where any of this will fall along the
performance/clinic/discussion axis is open to each participant...

Looking forward to seeing some of you next week!

--Andre LaFosse
http://www.altruistmusic.com